Looking for a dress for Christmas Eve is always fun. By the way, my idea of fun is BodyPump, kickboxing, and running for 11 miles at a stretch. Obviously, my fun must involve torture and special wardrobe-and sweat. I have done MOST of this online, so if I don’t find something today-I’m going to have to attend in the nude. I can’t wait to see my MawMaw’s face. It’s going to be just precious. Bless her heart.
Whilst looking, I think I found the PERFECT dress. It really screams “holidays with the family”, what do you think?
Maybe I’ll just get some Christmas lights and pin them to my red sweater. I am going to look.awesome.
I know what I’m bringing, though!!! SHORTBREAD.
I don’t know about you, but I always got peeved when Lorna Doone cookies were all that was left in the holiday pile. They just weren’t good enough. That was until I had REAL shortbread. Delicious and crumbly with more butter than Paula Deen’s hands after eating breakfast.
Batch 25!!! ONLY 5 MORE!!
Almond Orange Shortbread!
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3T orange zest
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F
- whip the heck out of the butter, sugar, extract, and zest.
- gently fold in the almonds and flour.
- you can spoon these onto parchment and bake it that way, or press it into greased cake pan and bake.
- bake until slightly brown and drizzle cooled cookies with melted white chocolate.
- If you baked them in a pan, when they are hot, cut them with a steak knife.
What are you wearing to holiday parties?
What’s your feeling on shortbread?