Apparently, there are now places that have video games hanging above urinals that use a dude’s stream as a gun and aiming device. (to the 6 men who read my blog, I can hear you googling and gulping down your gatorade-cut it out) Men just never get over aiming at things. When we were potty training the Captain, we threw cheerios in the toilet so he could sink them. Now, we have to have a clip-on blue duck that simultaneously works to make the water look fun for him and gives him something at which to aim.
I daren’t think about what the cop would do if he could play that game. It’s like writing your name in the snow gone REALLY high tech. Also, why is it appropriate for men to talk about aiming, but not for women when they’re breastfeeding? I’ll tell you why, THE WORLD IS UNFAIR. Or maybe it’s just that women wouldn’t dream of losing one.drop.
Ever spill breastmilk you just pumped? It’s like someone has kicked your puppy and jabbed you in the boob with a pencil. I used to think that the most disappointed I would ever feel would be when, in the same year, my mother both nixed the idea of being a Brownie troop leader, leaving my Girlscout dreams in the dust, and not being able to procure the perfect Crimp and Curl Cabbage Patch doll for me for Christmas.–That was bad–clearly, my mother both forgot, and didn’t really love her middle child. (I have SEVERE middle child syndrome, I may have exaggerated the impact of those two events on my life.) but not as bad as spilling breastmilk. If you’re keeping score; crimp and curl-bad; breastmilk spilled-awful.
Onto something porktastic.
Do you know what a porkgasm is? It’s the feeling you get from eating pig so delicious that your mouth licks you back. But in this instance, if you finish too early, you’ll only be disappointing yourself.
- 2-3 lbs of lean pork butt
- 10 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2T dried oregano
- 2T dried basil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3T extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz canned or boxed chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a heavy bottomed skillet, heat oil to med-high.
- Add onions to oil and cook until translucent
- turn down heat to medium-low and add garlic
- add salt, pepper, and sugar.
- add in basil and oregano and bring to a simmer.
- Place pork butt in slow cooker and cover with tomato mixture. add wine.
- Cook on med-low for 8-9 hours.
- Alternatively, this can all be done in the oven in a dutch oven set to 300F for 4.5 hours.
- The sauce can also be made the night before for ease of preparation.
- Serve over rigatoni or fresh bread and salad.
Do you like ragu? beef? lamb?
Would you use a pee game?