Let’s talk about dancing like fools in front of everyone, shall we? Last night was cross-training night for me which meant NO running. I did something I typically don’t do, I went to Zumba. Inspired by the mistress of what I ate wednesday, who is OB-SESSED with Zumba, I figured I’d go. I mean, what the heck, right?
The teacher is a slight, whisper of a woman. She looks breakable and fragile; until the music starts. I think that maybe she becomes possessed by the spirit of LaBamba, Seduction, Torture, and rabbits on cocaine with a steroid chaser. It’s really remarkable. She is a petite dynamo, a mini-monsoon of sorts. To put it mildly, she’s incredible.
I want that. Granted, my monsoon may look like a typhoon, and I am unlikely to appear seductive, instead appearing erratic and a bit like I’m in the throws of a concussive seizure, but I’d have fun. I don’t want to be a Zumba instructor. I just want to be able to completely lose myself in the dance. I lose myself in a run, in books, in a meal, and definitely in a scene; but unless I’m acting? NEVER in a room FULL of people, while doing something that could potentially make me feel very vulnerable and uncomfortable.
- I live in NYC, there is still a TON of places I’ve never been and things I haven’t seen. I am going to see one of these places every few weeks AT LEAST.
- Try one NEW food a week. Again, where I live, it shouldn’t be hard
- Take at least one new class or do one new activity a week. Quit being terrified of looking like an ass. I am an ass, so it shouldn’t frighten me.
- Hang out with new people. I am a NYC actor, we tend to be an insular community. We’re like a slightly more incestuous Amish community with better clothing and fewer chores.
- Get more headshots printed for myself, not just the ones my agent has for my go-to(s) and auditions…OK, so this doesn’t hold much relevancy, but I’m seriously going to forget again.
- FINALLY decide on new boobie sizing, since the family crap has resolved itself. I have waited nearly 8 years since my weight loss for a shiny new pair, and I AM NOT WAITING ANYMORE! DO YOU HEAR ME, TINA??? NO BRA WIRES EVAAAAAA! Ok, maybe I’ll *still* need a bra, but it won’t need the super deluxe padding, or water, or chicken cutlet looking thingys.
- Oh, and eat more protein. Imma gonna need more egg whites…again, basically irrelevant, but still…..
Speaking of new foods, I made a new one today…yes TODAY, and photographed it TODAY, because the aforementioned mistress of wednesdays convinced me to start “Smoke and Bones” last night, and I was basically attached to my kindle until the wee hours. This caused me to grill tomatoes, onion, lime, and jalapeno at ONE A.M.!!! Thanks a lot, Jenn, you bookwhore.
Why was I grilling veg? Because I decided to make something I normally avoid like the plague; Gazpacho. In the past, I was always like, “cold soup?? really???”. I flatly refused to eat it, brushing it off as nothing more than a chunky, sober, bloody mary. However, the HUNDRED DEGREE HEAT, and my current distaste for salads (I’ve eaten 9375389469384 in a month), made me reconsider.
I did some research, and found that there are a bamillionzillion ways of making it, so I decided I’d grill most of the veg, save for a few tomatoes and cucumber, and make it more Mexican than Italian. Mostly because I think cilantro is my personal right, and I get the fits when I don’t have it for a while.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Keywords: blender grill
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lime
- 1 kirby cucumber
- sour cream-optional
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- salt and pepper
core all tomatoes
preheat griddle pan on high
slice onion into slabs
slice lime in half
grill 3 of the tomatoes, onion slices, jalapeno, and lime until all are glistening with charcoal colored stripes, and tomatoes are juicy and soft.
seed and stem the jalapeno
In a vitamix, with a stick blender, or in a food pro, blend all ingredients, save for avocado and sour cream, tasting for salt and pepper levels
chill and serve with avocado and sour cream