Ok, that’s it, I need to follow Meghann’s lead and install more memory on this macbook. I am OVER the spinning beachball of DOOM!! I just have to convince myself I can do it!! It’s like a pull up!! (oh wait, I can’t do that either.) I can still do it. I am sure of it.
But how am I supposed to get any blogging work done on a day like today?!?! It’s going to be 55F and sunny. There are parks that need people to play in them, streets that need walked, crazy street dances that need danced. I realize I have superbowl recipes to test for you guys, a cake to drizzle with chocolate, eggs to poach for the captain, but I WANT TO RUN. There is only one possible solution. GET THEE MY JOGGING STROLLER!!! The captain will run or ride a bike beside us, it’s time to go.
The Cop just called me to inquire about his laundry and if I had a chance to hang it up. The arrogance! It’s like he’s at work and doesn’t realize how awesome it is outside or something. Silly husband. Bad cop-no chicken wings tonight. (yeah right, we all know I’m making them for YOU. You sexy kittens you.)
I did make another appetizer for you to appetize your party guests with. These are very homey and kitschy Midwestern via Brooklyn. Mealoaf Muffin Balls. You know you love your meat-and your balls-and your hot muffins. This achieves all three, making them the most awesome yumminess ever.
What Goes In?
- FOR THE BALLS
- 1.5 lbs ground beef or ground turkey (I use 95% lean sirloin)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Quaker)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 bell pepper chopped finely
- 1 T chopped garlic
- 1 T A1 or gluten free steak sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- black pepper
- 1T frank's red hot
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 tbsp a1
- 1 tbsp KC bbq sauce or gluten free bbq sauce
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 T ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350F
- combine all of the ball ingredients and scoop with an ice cream scoop into muffin liner lined muffin pans.
- For the glaze
- whisk all of the ingredients together
- glaze the muffin balls
- bake for 25 minutes or until 170F in the center of the ball. You want your balls HOT.
I would not make these with tofu.
What do you do when it’s warm in the middle of winter? Ferris Bueller it? Sit outside and do nothing? PLAY ON A JUNGLE GYM?!?!?