This week has been all over the place. I feel as though I might have turned into some sort of werewolf or hobbit or tribute and thrown into the cornucopia that isn’t filled with weapons and food, but baby puke and Tylenol. So strike the werewolf thing, I don’t want dog nose for that. Maketh me a hobbit!!! I already have the feet for it.
For breakfast, I knawed down on nuts and dried fruit. More for the captain than for me, but I was just as happy to eat it. Let’s face it, sometimes we all need a little help from nature’s Phillip’s caplets.
Lunch was a salad, I needed vegetables. Lots of them, and raw. Maybe it was ME that needed nature’s exlax. I was treating myself subconsciously. Or I was mad at my husband and wanted to sleep by myself. It remains to be seen.Dinner was so freaking good. Korean Marinated Chicken with napa cabbage and multi-grain brown and wild rice. I understand that my husband is Chinese and NOT Korean, but one of my besties (not KimJong Il-we were just poker friends, he was a lousy player and a cheat) IS Korean and I appreciate the food of her people (apparently the people of Jackson Heights, Queens LOVE Korean food.)
What Goes In?
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken thigh or breast
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 T fish sauce
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T chopped ginger
- 1 T chopped garlic
- juice of half a lime
- 1-2 T chili garlic sauce
- head of napa cabbage
- 1 T grapeseed oil for the wok
- combine all marinade ingredients and chicken
- refridgerate overnight or up to 3 days
- slice napa cabbage
- put napa cabbage in a bowl
- add salt, toss, set aside for 10 minutes
- heat the wok on HIGH and add grapeseed oil
- when grapeseed oil begins to smoke add meat and marinade (you're cooking the marinade-not using it as a glaze-it's ok.)
- saute and toss until it's 3/4 cooked (about 5 minutes)
- add in napa cabbage and toss until cabbage is wilted
- serve with rice and sriracha
After dinner I had more fenugreek pills and beer. Just trying to keep my job as Bessie the milkcow. Now, I am going to go wake up the three year old in some super annoying fashion, like playing Britney Spears loudly.