Did someone wish a pox on my house? Every single person in my house has the cold from hell. On TOP of that, The peanut is full-on fever-teething. You can imagine how much sleep I am getting. I think I am having hallucinations. I could have sworn I saw my husband putting away pots this morning. Turns out, it was a hallucination. He just took it out of the dishwasher; and put it on the counter. THE CABINET IS RIGHT THERE!!! Are all men incapable of putting things in their places or is it just mine?
I was so desperate for time away from the plague that I went for a run last night hoping to head-leak all of the nast in my sinuses, and this is how it went.
- Mile 1- 8:58 pace 111 hacking coughs
- Mile 2 -9:15 pace blew my nose twice glugged warm water, prayed for death.
- Mile 3-8:30 pace heart RACING, ears popping, still searching for death.
- Mile 4-10:25 pace happy to be alive and DONE. Wondering why in the Hell anyone would choose to do this to themselves while they are fighting off the bubonic plague and looking for a device to let some blood.
- Recovery-steam shower, hot coffee (decaf; I’m a night runner) a giant salad, hot tea. Anvil to the head.
Oatmeal Cinnamon Scotchies
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 Cup AP Flour
- 3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Bag of butterscotch chips
Preheat oven to 350F cream butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add in eggs. Sift in cinnamon, salt, and flour. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips. Use a 1oz scoop and scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet 2″ apart. Bake for 18 minutes, or until cookies are brown and crisp at the edges.
These are really good alone or dunked in milk.
What kind of milk do you drink?
-I haven’t had anything but skim or soy in forevs, but in a desperate moment at Costco that led me to get 1%. It’s not awful, and I know it’s probably better for me as calcium is a fat soluble vitamin, but that’s why I have the cookie, right?
I need a nap. You?