From now on, you can find all of the Fall Back Wednesday organize posts in the tab “Organize Your Life” in the tabs at the top of the blog.
Do you feel refreshed and renewed? Are your closets clean? Mine are!!! By the way, a kevlar vest and all of its cases take up a lot of space in your closet, and the cop has TWO of them at home. Not to mention his gun safe, which also takes up a crapton of space. When you marry a cop there are a few things they don’t tell you.
- They come with a lot of crap
- If they carry their firearm off duty, it WILL wear holes into EVERY SINGLE TEE SHIRT THEY OWN.
- The white gloves that come with their class A uniforms, are a real bitch to clean.
- Handcuff covers leave a permanent indentation on their jeans.
It was soooo satisfying to rid Tim of some old, ugly shirts. He had some real “90s” originals in there. Short sleeved, button down, and silk was apparently the name of the game. HIDEOUS!!! Tapered leg jeans? (HA! I got rid of those YEARS ago!!!) I let him keep his cliched street crimes style black football jersey, against my better judgment.
I got rid of odd, mid rise jeans in a peculiar wash, an ugly dress I NEVER plan on wearing again, 1000 pairs of flip flops, a belt, and I think a house elf or two.
This week is the dressers and under the bed. I will admit, my dressers currently look like a 3 year old put everything away, because a 3 year old put everything away-after taking everything out, and trying everything on.
- Take EVERYTHING out of your drawers and from under your bed
- wipe out the drawers and swiffer wet mop or vacuum under your bed.
- IF IT SMELLS MUSTY, wash it. For real. Drawers and plastic bins under the bed smell musty.
- Let the bins and drawers air out. OVERNIGHT if possible.
- Invest in, or make drawer dividers.
- Place an environmentally friendly dryer sheet or 2 on the bottom of each drawer.
- Once again, get rid of or donate things that you won’t wear, are in ill repair, or that you’ve simply never worn.
- Make sure all of your socks MATCH
- Put together like with like-bras with underwear, socks with tights, boxers with tee shirts.
- divide the socks and underwear, do not place the bras more than 3 bras high per stack.
- For your fancy lady underpinnings and cashmere sweaters, fill them with sheets of freezer paper or lignen free paper and ROLL, do not FOLD these when you put them away. This also works well for ties if your husband doesn’t wear them often.
- Please, please, try to have a separate drawer for your running and workout gear. It can often have a slight, lingering scent, and you don’t want your husbands work shirt to smell like lady speed stick-or maybe you do, who am I to judge?
- Make it pretty-this makes it easier to find things. Organize by color, sleeve and pant length, and season.
- You need to decide what to do with what’s in your bedside table. I don’t want to know.
- But if the clothes are this small….it’s best just to organize it by size.
Next week? WE CLEAN THE WHOLE ROOM!!